AMTA is the not-for-profit professional association created by massage therapists for massage therapists.
We’re the only grassroots organization in our profession. We have 52 chapters and a democratically elected Board of Directors. That’s your assurance that all our resources are directed toward supporting our members’ needs and interests.
When you join AMTA – Virginia Chapter, you become a member of both the national organization, and our chapter:
- Our chapter connects you with your colleagues for a steady stream of ideas that you can use for your practice.
- Chapter meetings make it easy to network with other massage therapists…share new ideas…discuss techniques…foster alliances…and build referrals.
- Regional meetings feature speakers and special events that expand your knowledge.
- The AMTA National Convention – known for its world-class programs and workshops – is the place for extensive hands-on training.
Real benefits that build your practice
Long recognized as the voice of our vital profession, AMTA is dedicated to helping members build their practices by building demand for message therapy. Plus, we offer the best member benefits in the business, including…
- A collection of powerful, practice-building marketing materials including public relations tools, reproducible handouts and presentation materials.
- The AMTA web site, including our online Job Network and Resume Database, plus WebBoardsm discussion group.
- One of the best professional and general liability insurance programs in the industry…$6 million in annual aggregate occurance coverage (up to $2 million for a single occurance) from one of the country’s top-rated insurance companies. And it’s automatically included with your membership!
- Additional financial services, including a no-annual-fee Visa Platinum card and economical rates for optional health, life, disability and business insurance.
- Authorative information on massage therapy through our quarterly magazine, Massage Therapy Journal® … and AMTA’s bi-monthly HANDS ON the newsletter of the American Massage Therapy Association®.
- Certificate, decal and more that identify you as one who is dedicated to the highest professional standards.
In addition, if you choose to become a Professional Active member, you have the opportunity to…
- Participate in AMTA’s Find a Massage Therapist national locator service, a valuable resource that directs prospective clients to you.
- Vote in chapter and national elections.
- Serve as an officer of the organization or a delegate to our National Convention.
- Obtain free legal consultation and fee discounts on attorney services.
- Use an exclusive credit card scanner program.
- Wear the AMTA pin and patch, which indicate your Professional Active standing.