This page provides visitors with links to National and State websites where information on licensing, regulations/laws, grievance process, contact information and form/applications are located.
- Virginia – VA Dept. of Health Professionals – Board of Nursing
- Maryland – Dept. of Health & Mental Hygiene – MD Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- District of Columbia – Dept. of Health – Board of Massage Therapy
- Other States – Massage Register
Specific Virginia Regulation Links
- Laws and Regulations (Microsoft Word document)
- Forms and Applications
- Renew On-Line
- File a Complaint
Cities, towns and counties may also have their own laws regulating the practice of massage and bodywork. Anyone practicing where there is a local law must meet the local licensing requirements, whether or not there is also a state law. If you live in a place where you are subject to a state law and a local law, you must satisfy both. In addition to massage ordinances and statutes, local business licensing and zoning laws should be checked before setting up a massage practice.